Beach vacations are always fun and unforgettable experiences. Whether you’re visiting somewhere local or you are jetting off to an exotic island, most getaways involve major food indulgences coupled with lots of lackadaisical relaxing. This means healthy eating habits are usually out the window during travel, which is why lots of vacationers return home with a few extra pounds instead of leaving them at the beach.
So how do you keep the pounds off, or better yet, even lose a bit of weight while you’re away? Keeping the pounds at bay on your beach vacation is all about balancing nutrition and exercise. Yes, you can totally do it! And no, it doesn’t mean you can’t have any delicious treats during your stay. Here are five tips to help you keep the weight off.
- Plan your days to avoid overeating. When you’re on vacation, it’s all too easy to give in to temptations. This can easily translate into a few extra pounds. To stay on the right track, it’s a good idea to be prepared with healthy food so you will always have something healthy on hand. Always start your day with a nutritious, filling breakfast with a good balance of proteins, carbs, and fruits. If you’re feeling hungry, grab for a granola bar in your bag rather than a candy bar from the vending machine. And be sure to always have water on hand so you don’t substitute it for carbonated or alcoholic drinks.
- Add supplements. Don’t forget your supplements! Adding a few vitamin supplements to your diet can help you keep the pounds at bay and will also keep you feeling healthy if you’re not taking in enough good calories. Some vacationers are also using smart drugs like nootropics as a way to stick to their weight loss goals and fight cravings. As some nootropics compounds are known for their abilities to boost metabolism, burn stored body fat, and guard against further weight gain, these smart supplements can be helpful in keeping the weight off.
- Use the hotel’s facilities. Exercise is the best way to burn calories and keep the weight off. Most beach hotels have stylish gyms that have extended hours or are opened 24 hours a day, seven days a week for your convenience. Some even offer beautiful views to make the workout even more enjoyable.
- Work out in your room. If you don’t have time to visit the fitness center, be flexible and work out in your room. When it comes to fitness, the little things always add up! If you don’t have the time to spend hours a day working out, take your workout videos with you and squeeze in a little in-room workout while you’re away. It will give you the peace of mind to enjoy that next cocktail.
- Engage in physical activities. Although vacations are often planned as opportunities to re-energize, refresh, and relax, find some time to engage in some physical activities. This is the easiest ticket to actually enjoying keeping those extra pounds off. Plan for lounging on the beach, but also schedule in walks and hikes through beautiful landscapes. If you’re near the water, try your hand at kayaking, scuba diving, or snorkeling. And when you get back to the hotel, try to always take the stairs instead of the elevator. Your body will thank you!
Going on vacation without a plan to keep the pounds at bay can easily spell disaster for your health and well-being. Don’t undo all the hard work you’ve put into looking fit just because you’re away! With these few tips, you can still enjoy your vacation without the worry of bringing a few pounds back with you.